Hydroscand was founded 1969 in Stockholm. Today the company is represented in 17 countries with 400 resellers and approximately 1000 employees in Europe, Asia and Africa.
Our first branch opens, in Linköping
Our first branch in Norrland open up in Bergsjö, which later is relocated to Hudiksvall at the start of the eighties
Hydroscand established in Norway with the acquisition of a small company. Today, there are 31 branches in Norway.
The 1980s saw a widespread expansion of new branches – the company grew from 4 to 19 branches within 10 years.
There are four branches in Sweden
Branch opens in Hudiksvall after relocation from Bergsjö
New branches opened in Boden, Jönköping and Norrköping
We open a branch in Karlstad
We open a branch in Ljungby
Hydroscand celebrates its 20-year anniversary. We exceeds annual turnover of MSEK 100. The company has just over 90 employees at 25 workplaces across Sweden and Norway, successfully distributing hydraulic hoses and fluid components.
In January, there are 19 branches in Sweden
An idea is conceived to start up a separate company in order to develop our assembly machinery. The business wasn’t established until 1997, however, Hydroscand Machine is currently one of Europe’s leading companies in the industry sector.
We establish in Finland, setting up 10 branches
We obtain ISO-9001 certification, in order to satisfy our customers’ increasingly high demands
- We enter the Estonian market, in which we currently operate twelve branches
- We acquire Slang och Maskin AB, our distributor in southern Sweden. We currently operate five branches in Skåne
We set up in Roskilde. Today, we have three branches in Denmark
- We develop the Hose Production Centre concept. Today, there are production centres in England, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, France and China.
- We acquire a company in the United Kingdom and open two branches in Gloucester och Redruth. Today, we operate eleven branches in England
- We operate three pipe plants, located in Aarhus, Hudiksvall and Åbo
- Our construction division evolves into what is currently know as HDTC
- We obtain ISO-14001 certification
- A new head office is established in Tallin, serving the Baltic states, which also houses the Baltic region’s largest stockpile of fluid connectors.
- We establish in Latvia, where we currently operate ten branches
Slang och Maskin is absorbed into Hydroscand, and changes name to Hydroscand Slang och Maskin AB
- We enter the Russian market with the establishment of an office in St. Petersburg. We currently operate thirteen branches across the nation.
- The company expands further with the establishment of Hydroform Design Light, in Vansbro
- Hydroscand Automotive AB is set up in Gothenburg, with a clear focus towards the automotive sector
- We establish in two new countries: Lithuania, which today has five branches, and Belarus, which currently has two branches.
- Due to the company’s expansion, Hydroscand’s head office is relocated to its current site in Sköndal.
- Hydroscand Special Hoses begins production of metal hoses, in Motala.
- The new HoseExpress service is rolled out, featuring two service buses.
3D CAD is launched over the internet.
- We begin operating in France, where we currently have three branches.
- Aware of our customers’ demands and requirements, and as part of our move towards globalisation, we set up on the Chinese market.
We begin operating in Ireland, initially through an English branch and then later as an independent company
- Hydroscand Machine launches an extensive new range of crimpers
- We begin operating in South Africa
- 25 HoseExpress buses in service in Sweden
- Owner and founder of Hydroscand AB, Björn Holmström, leaves his position as CEO of Hydroscand Group and becomes Executive Chairman. New CEO is Mats Nilsson.
- Hydroscand Slang & Maskin AB becomes Hydroscand AB
- We begin OEM production in China, in order to meet our customers’ demands for global production
- We begin pipe bending operations in St. Petersburg
- We begin operating in Kazakhstan
- Hydroscand acquired the shares of Blackwell Hydraulics Ltd.
- The warehouse facilities in Sköndal expanded by 1200 square meters to a total of 5700 sqm
- Purchases the industry and hydraulic company Resculum in Romania
- 33 HoseExpress-service vans in Sweden
- New head office in Riga, Latvia
- New branches in Sollefteå and Nyköping, Sweden
- New central warehouse in Riga, Latvia
In 2013, Hydroscand is represented in 17 countries across Europe, Asia and Africa, and turns over upwards of 195 million Euro.